McLennan Municipal Library will accept donations that follow the criteria listed below. The Library is unable to pick up donations of materials.
Before you donate
We would be happy to accept:
- Material that has been purchased within the past 5 years and is gently used/like new.
- DVDs and Audio Books (no scratches)
We do not accept the following items:
- Material that is over five (5) years old
- Material in poor condition (yellowed, worn, dusty, mouldy, torn, smelly, water-damaged, or written on).
- Audio cassettes, video cassettes, LP’s, Music CDs or Software
Donations may be sold at library book sales, which will generate funds to enhance Library collections and services.
Charitable tax receipts will not be issued for donated library material.
Please check over each item to ensure it meets our donation requirements. When in doubt, give only what you would consider as good quality for your own use. Handling and disposing of unusable materials costs the Library time and money.
McLennan Municipal Library reserves the right to determine how to handle all donated library materials.
For one-time monetary donations, annual donations, donations in memory of a loved one, or bequests in your will, please contact the Library.